With surety hope for a better world
What a week. Here's the highlight reel:
Got to be part of a broadcast with Brad Wilcox. He talked to our whole mission about the gathering of Israel and then asked for a convert who was recently baptized who was the father of a family and the missionaries who taught him to be part of a WHY I BELIEVE broadcast to all the Stakes in the mission. Our mission President called on Will and us, so Will, who was baptized last week is now buddies with Brad Wilcox... not to mention he became a platinum member at Deseret book as he dropped all his money on some books and nice paintings for his home. This broadcast was a special experience and there were over 700 people on it, most of them non members. The purpose of it was for missionaries and members to invite their friends who were not of our faith to come and see what we were all about. And Will got to share his story and we got to testify of the great work that we are a part of. I will never forget it and I was so humbled by and grateful for the opportunity. Other things that made this week a miracle were... "accidentally" texting the wrong person and helping McKenna who is our age realize that God was aware of her and feel the spirit again for the first time in a long time. Then having her come back to church with us and realize that this is where she belonged.
Having the first lesson with Maddy, the cutest girl who used to date Slade Jackson, and realized that his family was different from the rest of the families in the world. Their example throughout the years caused her to know that whatever the gospel was she wanted and we all cried as Slade and his mom joined us in the lesson. God places people in our path who will lead us to become who He wants us to be. We felt inspired to text a young mom who's name we had never heard. Turns out she is a single mother of the most special little girl and she hasn't stepped foot in a church for over 5 years. Through tears, she told us she wanted her daughter to grow up with the gospel but she didn't know where to start. We told her God knew her situation and that we were here to help. I'm so excited to teach her and help her come back for both her and her daughter Chloe.
It was 8:30 on Sunday night and we felt that there was one more person that we needed to find and begin teaching, but we didn't know where. We got on our knees and asked God to direct us. We called up the number of someone named Dylan who had met with missionaries in the past and simply told him that God knew who He was and where He was right now. Dylan told us that it was a sign that he was looking for and that He wanted to change his life around and stop making mistakes and backsliding and get a better relationship with Jesus Christ. We told him that that is exactly what we were here for and that God knew that and sent us to help him.
I LOVE THE JOY THAT COMES FROM BEING AN INSTRUMENT LEAD BY GOD.
In other news, we got transfer news and my time training sister Harris is up! We only got 3 weeks together, but she is ready for bigger and better things and I will be picking up a brand new missionary on Thursday morning! Sister Emery has been doing online MTC training and is coming out fresh during the most exciting time to ever be a missionary. I'm grateful for the chance I have to train again to keep me on my toes for my last transfer!
I don't know much about what is going on in the world, but I know it is crazy and a bit scary. We have a statewide curfew and have been on extra lockdown because of political unrest here, but I feel absolutely no fear. I love this scripture in Ether 12:4.
"Whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world." A belief in God and knowledge that He is over all and that His hand is in all things makes all the difference in replacing fear with faith. Please go out of your way to share your belief in God with those around you who may be feeling that fear. if it has made a difference for you it will make a difference for them.
I love you all, stay safe!
Love,
Sister Hardy
Comments
Post a Comment