Oh how the turn tables
What a week. Highlights: I GOT TO SPEND AN ENTIRE DAY WITH SISTER FAIRBANKS AND SISTER WEED my two favorite people ever while I was waiting for my new companion to arrive. I trained sister Fairbanks back when I was 6 weeks out and it was so cool for us both to see how far we've come since then. And Sister Weed is forever my soul sista so I'm so happy that they are companions. They are both my STL's at the end of my mission and that might be the best thing to have happened to me.
Sister Emery, my new companion is a boss. She is from Orem Utah and is tall and clumsy like me and between the two if us we've only tripped over our own feet about 7 times this week, so we are winning! Her personality reminds me of a mix of Sister Abbott from the MTC and my roommate Hannah Thayn from BYU so you already know I love everything about her original quirky fun loving personality! She has got this insane amount of fire and desire and has thrown herself unto this work full force. We will be running till the end folks! I couldn't have hand picked or asked for a better one.
God is just so good to us. He knows us so individually and perfectly and there was a slight moment as I was giving the discussion at the trainer/trainee meeting where I picked up sister Emery about how important a missionaries first 12 weeks are and about humble confidence and being a expert beginner that God let me see and feel an inkling of how far I've come. I stood in that same place and gave that same discussion over 15 months ago and the sister Hardy who inadequately shared her thoughts and feelings then is not the same as the one who still inadequately shared the feelings I have about my mission now. I'm sure I will be able to recognize it more later on down the road, but I'm grateful that my all knowing all loving Father in Heaven let me see and feel the personal growth that I have been hoping and working to achieve for a split second. It didn't last long, and was followed up with the impression that YOU HAVE MILES TO GO BEFORE YOU SLEEP! I'm thankful for that boost of awareness and feeling like I'm doing my best and right where I need to be just like I have always been.
My invitation to you is to ponder on how you've grown over the past little while and write it down. Then see where you want to improve next and make a plan to get to work on becoming! Because that's what this gospel is, a plan that shows us how to become!
I Love ya!
- Sister Hardy






Comments
Post a Comment