Lako Lia Lia

That means "crazy" in Fijian. Because that's what thus week was. CRAZY. Monday night we had a last minute mission wide transfer news broadcast. WILD. President Collins likes to keep things so hype and have everyone on their toes all the time. We got the first of the reassigned missionaries Tuesday morning and after a blessed most sacred best 2 weeks of our missions, sister Weed and I got split up to train 2 of the new missionaries in the APM way. My new companion sister Harris is so awesome. She is a Cattle farmer from Southern Idaho and I feel like I am living in an old western movie because of the way she talks and all the things she says. Going to Fiji was her first time Off the farm and she's the greatest mix of middle of nowhere farm girl and Fijian Islander. She's hilarious. I am learning a lot of new words and things about farms and animals from her. It's been really humbling and cool for me to see and feel how needed all these missionaries who are being reassigned here are. Sister Harris is the most coachable person I've ever met and she isn't afraid to fail at anything. She has completely thrown herself into this different way of work even though it is all new for her and she keeps me laughing like all day. We have a lot of fun together and she is willing to work which I love. After 2 trips to the airport and back, and putting a ton of miles on our car, the AP's informed us that I would actually also be moving and that we'd be bike only. WOOT WOOT I WAS STOKED. I speed packed everything in literally 20 mins and as we were about to leave we realized that nobody gave us a key for our new apartment. We made some calls and they said they would be looking for it. They couldn't find it for a few days so in the meantime, we lived 6 sisters, 6 bikes, 18 suitcases, and a stack of pizzas #sos in a 2 room apartment. Sister Harris and I slept on the kitchen floor for 3 nights it was awesome. As that was going on, we didn't have a phone because with the influx of missionaries, the new sim cards weren't activated yet. So here we were biking our guts out in the AZ heat living off borrowed food and doing missionary work outside of our own area and without a phone. I thought it was quite the feat, but it was nothing new to sister Harris, who was used to sleeping on floors and not having technology back in her last mission in FIJI! It was kind of cool for me to see the other side of the work and how it still goes on even without all the luxuries and tools we are afforded here... but it wasn't cool enough to want to work that way for more than this one week haha. When they finally got a key for us we realized that the freeway separates us from both of our areas and so biking across was a no go. They had no more cars to give out so they gave us sister Collins' car (my mission President's wife.) I have never driven more careful in my life. We moved into an apartment that had Elders in it a while back but has been abandoned for months. We found a lot of cool stuff... like a bunch of chicken bones with rotten meat on them under our sink, a love note to someone's girlfriend, old garments, and layers of dust and gunk on a floor that I don't think has ever been swept. It's been fun!! In amongst all of this though has been the constant sight of God's hand and miracles! We started teaching 2 FAMILIES, one in each of our wards. The Landes family who referred themselves and the Knapps who lived next door to a member. The lessons we've had with each of them and their sincerity and desire to learn has carried me. Please pray for them to receive the answer they are praying and searching for! Both of these families are so ready and have been so prepared to receive the gospel! I'm so grateful that God gave us ways to be used by Him even in amongst all the LAKO LIA LIA of this week. VAKA VINA VINAKA TAKA (thank you) for tuning into this weeks episode of BULA DAUKA LOTU (missionary life.) AU LOMANI KECE (I love you all) - Sister Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1