The Son will come out tomorrow

When I was little, and something sad or hard happened, my mom would comfort us by singing "The sun will come out tomorrow." As we got older, that line became more and more meaningful and after long hard days we all would say to each other "It's going to be okay, the sun will come out tomorrow." That hope for a brighter and better tomorrow and those words have come to my mind time and time again over the past week as it has been rainy and wet and dark, and as we have had to change up the way we work while in isolation and as a lot of my best friends and teammates out here have had to have their missions cut short and return home. But the other day when I was reading my scriptures the line came to my mind again, only this time with a slight word change. "The SON will come out tomorrow." I was overcome with emotion almost to the point of tears as I thought of my Savior and all the faithful saints around the world who wait cheerfully and anxiously for the second coming of Jesus Christ. We are promised in the scriptures that we will not be ashamed that wait for Him. All these disasters and trials worldwide are truly just here to prepare us all for that magnificent day when we will be able to meet Him again. And that gives me all the hope and perspective and excitement I need to smile all the day long come what may! The biggest miracle for us all is the opportunity to have home church and to have the ordinance of the sacrament take place in our own homes! If you all haven't yet invited someone not of our faith to come and take part in your at home Sunday worship, I challenge you to! We have got to take full advantage of this situation for what it really is! An increased opportunity to share the raw and real blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ as it pertains to us and our families. If you are stuck inside due to self isolation, call up a friend! Bear your testimony over facetime. Post something on social media inviting others to learn more about where your own hope comes from! Get creative. We certainly are! Haha if you get any good online gospel sharing ideas send them my way! Ether 12:4 "Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh and anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." I love ya'll and despite all of this, I am not going anywhere and am so grateful to still be here in Arizona putting on this nametag everyday. I pour my heart out to God every night thanking him for another day, as so many things are out of our control right now. All these changes so fast have really put this short mission experience into perspective, and more than ever it is go time. There is an urgency to make every single second count. I also have felt the most recognizable increase of the spirit in comfort and peace and I know that is because God is so aware of all of us at this time. Missionary friends we have GOT to make the most of it while we can. For any of you going home, you've got my prayers. I'm excited for the miracles that this week has in store! - Sister Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1