Painted skys
Monday I got a call saying that they were trying to fit my bike into a box to ship home with me. Tuesday we got the beautiful news that all international missionaries will be staying. #prayerworks. Wednesday we had a mission wide online conference where President Collins called a mid-transfer transfer and told everybody who was switching to be ready in the morning. Thursday I taught the most spirit-filled lessons online to multiple complete strangers who referred themselves because of the fright of this time. Friday we got a call saying that my best friend sister Sisto and all other European missionaries had to pack their bags and leave for home in a few hours. (This was the saddest day and we were all a wreck.) Saturday we were in a trio covering 7 wards. Sunday I got to take the sacrament and feel the calm in the storm.
I may be bold in saying this but there is no reason for any of us to be bored right now, especially us missionaries! There are so many character building things to do with this sacred time and if we are idle we are wasting it. We are not imprisoned but ENABLED. The prophet said this will pass, but the beautiful thing is that right now all the things that don't matter have been taken away from us to make time for only that which matters most. The pruning that we read about in Jacob 5 has taken place leaving us only our families, the gospel, and the sharing of it. After the pruning comes growth and the gathering. It took a worldwide pandemic to prepare the world for what is to come.
This is a minor setback for a major comeback, and we need to be ready.
General Conference is in 5 days. We have 5 days to prepare and invite every single person in our circle of influence to watch. As with anything else I believe we will get out of it what we put in. So make sure you and your family are prepared and invite EVERY SINGLE PERSON you can! I've never been more excited for anything in my life.
Our mission is getting 100 missionaries in the next few weeks. We are all about to get switched around real quick and honestly none of us have any idea what is happening to us but we are just taking it day by day. I've never been more grateful for more days.
I love you all and there are more miracles around us to even count. Please enjoy these pictures that capture some of the most genuinely happy moments of my entire mission. There truly is opposition in all things, and with increased hard comes enhanced reason do things cheerfully. And if you can't seem to find a reason to be happy, every single night God paints the sky.







Comments
Post a Comment