On the up and UP!

I would like to start this email of by sharing with you all the names I have been called over the past week by missionaries and people we meet on the street: - "an entirely different breed of missionary" (my district leader) - "manly hands" (my roommate sister Hansen.) - "wow, she's a pitbull ain't she" (Mike who we met on a doorstep on exchanges.) - "the longest thing I've ever seen" (Carmela, the Italian woman we are teaching. Afterwards she pulled out a tape measure and literally measured me.) - "you look like E.T from the movie E.T." (Also sister Hansen my roomate) - "do you think anyone will ever love you?" (Mom you love me, right?... Don't worry, the girl who said this was 3 yrs old. She did tell me that Jesus loved me, so that was nice.) We got transfer news and were screaming and jumping up and down on the bed afterwards because SISTER DUCKWORTH AND I ARE STAYING HERE AND TOGETHER! I'm so happy. I've never had a companion where I am such good friends with and such a good missionary with at the same time. We have so many good things going for us in this area and our ward members are so happy that the dynamic duo is not getting split up! We were given 4 referrals last night because of the good news. Member trust feels so good! Other happenings this week were: - 3 people dropped us due to the Corona Virus and them wanting to never come out of their house. (Maybe we should bring them cookies?) - our friend Sharron from last week is hooked up with missionaries in Jamaica and sends us voice memos, she is so happy to be learning more. "Yes my babies, you come to Jamaica okay man?" I love her accent and will be going to Jamaica one day. Cool thing though is that the new lady that took her place at the care home is also from Jamaica and also accepted a book of Mormon and also wants to learn more. Dejavoo! - We brought Demi, our Japanese friend to witness a baptism for the first time. She started crying and at first, we thought it was because she felt the spirit, but later found out that it was because she was terrified for the kid that went under water and it traumatized her. We did some good reassuring, explaining, and praying for comfort afterwards with our translator and needless to say she is back on track and wanting to be baptized herself! Phewf! That's all for this week! I challenge you all to double down on your personal and family preparations for General Conference. As with all other things, we will get out of it what we put in! And if we want it to be the unforgettable experience that our Prophet President Nelson told us it would be, we need to prepare ourselves! Only 25 days left to do it! - Sister Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1