Mission to my President

I thought I would share with you my email to President this week! Just so you could have more of the inside scoop! He always wants us to format our emails according to the FACTSS. Family, Area, Transfer goal, Spiritual experience, struggles. Here it is: Family, great. Anxious but they aren't pulling me home in the slightest. I asked them to stop sending me updates from the world so I can keep my one track mind. They are so supportive and don't ever tell me they want me home, even though I know they might. I have the best family in the world. Area, I refuse to let what we've started here die! Currently we have ward members dropping the book of Mormon tabs off at people's houses and then we video call them and explain how to do it and boldly invite them to put it together for a specific person that they will give it to. Our bishops ordered some themselves because we arent getting enough fast enough. So that project was inspired and is keeping the work alive over here. The youth are also on FIRE. They are way better at online pros than us, so we are really using them! Companionship, stronger than ever. Keeping eachother motivated and healthy. My transfer goal before any of this even happened was to "Enjoy the Little things." Every day I ask Heavenly Father to show me something more that I can love about missionary work, Arizona, and the current situation, and everyday he shows me multiple. I have never loved and enjoyed every seccond of my mission more, and that's why I think it would be so hard for me to go home right now. I am determined to give this area and this mission everything I have!! Spiritual experience: probably when one of our members called us up and told us that while she was scrolling facebook she came across a post from one of her friends that said "I just wish I could talk to a pastor right now. I'm so afraid and confused." She commented and asked if the misisonaries could call her. We did and she was so excited and we set up an online teaching appointment and hopefully she will become a new person tomorrow! All these "restrictions" are really just increased opportunity for us missionaries!!! This is all a struggle and way out of my comfort zone because I don't get to do all my favorite things like talk to everyone and knock doors and all the in person contact things that I feel I was made for. I was not made to be an online missionary but I am determined to figure it out as fast as I can no matter how much I'm already missing working the way we did. There are good things ahead President :) it's the greatest time to be a missionary! I promise I won't take a second of it for granted. Please keep fighting to keep me here! I'm praying my heart out. I'm so grateful for each and every day that I get to wear the tag and don't want to be anywhere but here. - Sister Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1