Let us be cheerfully grateful
Good morning family! (And friends)
It's been quite the week. My heart hurts for the loss of Uncle George and for the Toone Clan and everyone who's life he touched. It's times like this where the great plan of happiness that I share with others to bring hope and comfort becomes ever more real. I've been able to share my favorite quote, "Live For The Reunion" with many, and here I am picturing all the wonderful reunions he is having right now with family and the Savior. And now I have ever the more reason to Live for that reunion myself. I'm grateful for how God prepares and shapes us both for and during the trials we face here in this life. I have also felt the enabling, comforting, and carrying power of the Atonement. I also know that He does send Angel's to bear us up and that He will send them to each and every one of you.
I love you all and my prayers are with Aunt Karen and everyone else back home and abroad! I pray He sends His best Angel's to the Toone family everywhere. The best spiritual thought I can leave with you comes from uncle George Himself. I put it up on my wall a few months ago and it has kept me going when I've had hard days. Here is what he said a while back while he himself was in the middle of The Refiners Fire:
"My life is and has been full of the miracles of faith, family and friends. These gifts have just become more valuable to me because of you--a believing family, a temple family, a missionary family, a fasting and praying family, a ministering family, a grateful family, ... Miracles Indeed!
(Many of you have had miracles and have been through very difficult moments of trial, and loss.) Be still, look at the big picture, and you will learn of an ongoing miracle that I caught a glimpse of more than ever before.
The key to recognizing miracles has everything to do with aligning our will with the will of the Father. He loves each of us. And loved us enough to send His son, His Lamb, our Redeemer. He also loves us enough to send His Spirit to bring comfort and peace.
So, my little buckaroos, heads up, stand fast, and let us be cheerfully grateful."
~ George Toone
I'm so grateful to be part of such a miracle of a family and to have so much help and support from both sides of the veil. I truly have been blessed with the best and I thank God every day for all of it.


Comments
Post a Comment