A Whole New World

My world was flipped upside down again and I am pleasantly surprised with how happy I am with all of it. Transfers were last week and I left Flagstaff after spending half of my mission there. Saying goodbye to everyone was the saddest hardest thing and I truly felt like I was saying goodbye to family. I will be back there for sure! My life has been changed forever because of the people I met and the miracles that God gave me the chance to see. Just read Alma 26 if you want to know how I feel, because Ammon hit it spot on. Good news is that Coach Moran still wants to learn the gospel and have lessons with missionaries and not only because of the basketball connection that I had with him. He is reading the Book of Mormon and I can't wait to hear what happens once basketball season ends and he actually has the time. I included a picture so you can see my favorite person I've ever taught. I got to go to the snowflake temple again and that was a special experience. Northern Arizona has a special place in not only my heart but God's heart and that I am sure of. I got to go back up to Flag after I left for Ryder's baptism! So tender. His grandparents were there and they aren't members and turns out they live down where I'm at now! So I talked with them and they want to have the missionaries over because they felt the spirit at the baptism and so that a super miracle. I'm back down in the Valley in the Glendale/Peoria Area. Very close to my first area! We cover the Mountain Ridge, Sierra Verde, and Arrowhead Ranch wards. We have the temple in our area which is fun, and cover most of the married students that go to Midwestern, so I have met a lot of people who have connections to connections to or are from back home! I've decided that half of the people here are from Magrath! It is so fun to see familiar faces. I've met the Jones and the Cooks already! My comps name is Sister Duckworth and she is so awesome. So easy to get along with and willing to work and knows what's up! We are having so much fun and laughing a lot and we've hit the ground running in this area. Here is the fun stuff: one of our wards is the richest area in the mission and I feel totally and completely unworthy to walk into any house ever. Also tracting doesn't exist here. The other ward covers all the married midwestern students so it is FULL of babies, cute little families, and everyone is pregnant so it is quite a different dynamic but I like really love it haha. And our other ward HAS WILLIAM JOSEPH IN IT. Straight up he is in my ward. For those of you who don't know, he has been my idol when it comes to piano songs since I was little. It took everything I had not to freak out and be a superfan as I casually shook his hand and welcomed him to sacrament. He has no idea. Here I am playing homewardbound wherever I go... nope! Not here! That is way too much pressure. We also have a few temple square missionaries here on their outbound right now, so it's been way fun to get to know them and share stories about sister Holland! EVERYONE PLEASE PRAY THAT SHE COMES HERE! Sister Holland you are basically famous and you are killing it on temple square. Keep it up! Also Sister Fairbanks, who I was blessed to train is in this area. Enough said. You know my heart couldn't be happier about that. Sorry for the book, I just had a lot to say. What's new. I love you all!! Please actually go read Alma 26. I basically read that daily. God is so good to us and knows us perfectly and when we think we are leaving something good behind to follow Him, He shows us something better. Because His plan is ALWAYS BETTER. -Sister Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1