Find them that receive you

I am sorry in advance for the picture attached below. How was I supposed to know that as soon as I pulled out my camera good ol Gurtie the pig would turn her backside to the camera and start making a scene? This week was a good one full of Interviews, received revelation, funny moments, and of course MIRACLES. One I wanted to share with you all. This week we had a crazy big snowstorm, the likes of which happen almost daily back home. We were out during our hour of power (where every missionary in our mission is out finding) and we were lead to this street in the corner of our area that I had never been to, and we felt very inspired to be there. We knocked on a few houses at the beginning of the street and then left, but ended up having to go back because sister Christensen lost her glove on this particular street. By that time though we were running late for our next appointment and we again left the street. While this is happening the Hermanas who stay with us when they come up to work Flag had a very strong impression that they needed to call people right then. That is prime proselyting time, so staying inside and calling people isn't encouraged but they felt they needed to so they did. They called every person they could find in their area book and tried to set up an appointment with them. One of them was Leon, who set up a time to meet with them on Saturday morning. So 10am Saturday rolls around and they go and meet with Leon. The Zone leaders had a baptism on Saturday morning that we brought Michelle, someone we are teaching to. While we are singing the opening song the Hermana's walk in with this random guy. The baptism ends and they Hermanas walk up to us and introduce us to this guy, Leon, who they last minute invited to come to the baptism after their lesson with him. Turns out he speaks no Spanish, only English and lives in our area! He says to us, "I am very overwhelmed by a ton of good energy like I've never felt before and I want to know what I'm feeling. Can we talk right now so you can help me understand it?" Umm YES! So right then and there us, the Spanish sisters, and Leon found an empty room and had a lesson on recognizing the spirit. He went from a lesson with the missionaries, to a baptism, to another lesson. He made us all bear our testimonies and go in a circle so that we could each say a prayer at the end, finishing with him. He said that he already knows the book of Mormon is true, and that he is excited to read it every day and come to church. He wants to feel what he was feeling always and said that he wants to be baptized himself. He came through at church yesterday and loves the ward and wants to meet with us as many days as we can in the week. He is what the prophets talk about when they say that people are being prepared to receive the gospel, we just have to find them. And the craziest part is that HE LIVES AT THE END OF THE STREET THAT MY COMPANION LOST HER GLOVE ON. We were so close to finding him just a few days earlier! He was definitely meant to meet missionaries that night, and who knows, maybe we were just the backup plan and the Hermanas beat us to him... but either way, God knows where His children are that need the gospel and He WILL lead us to them some way or another! If we listen and follow through on the promptings we receive. Again, I am reminded that this is HIS work. I hope you all have a great week! I am obsessed with the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ, it is all I can talk or think about these days. Reading Joseph Smith's experience strengthens me daily in my endeavors to find answers and receive my own revelation. Along with President Nelson, I encourage you all to read it and then to think of your own ways to share it with others! We really are on one big team to take the gospel to all the World! I love you! Sister Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1