Winter Wonderland
First of all, thank you to everyone who sent me what your happiness is! I have never loved reading emails more. Happiness is so contagious!
Also shout out to my best friend in the world, DANE! Happy birthday bro.
It is FOR REAL the most wonderful time of the year right now. Flag got hit with a ton of snow, and apparently when that happens, everything shuts down. So every one of our appointments canceled on us because the roads were "too bad." Ok but it is nothing compared to back home and our truck can get us anywhere. So the only worthwhile thing we could think of was to shovel a bunch of driveways. But every store in town was out of shovels. Literally. A whole city out of snow shovels. We ran into our kind members at Walmart and they gave us a ride to the other side of flag to buy nice winter boots and gloves, because I did not bring those with me and my comp has never shoveled snow before. We called up the Elders to come help us and we would drive and pull up to random people who were shoveling alone and get out and help them. It was so fun and resulted in some good potential teaching opportunities! For 2 days straight we just shoveled snow. It felt so good and I am so sore. It was cool, but I'm over it again.
I went on a couple exchanges this week! I love the sisters here so much, we have way too much fun on exchanges. And see so so many miracles.
We also did some good hiking in Sedona last pday! Some of God's finest creations are here.
On Thanksgiving we weren't allowed to proselyte, but it also wasn't a pday, so we just house hopped all day long. We had 7 appointments and 5 thanksgiving dinners. I did pretty good at pacing myself until the last one... I feel lucky to be alive after all I ate that day. I might have cried also because Julie Palmer made Pineapple Cheese Jello. Anyone who has ever been to one our our thanksgivings knows that nobody likes and nobody makes jello with pineapple and cheese except my mom. But it is a tradition and I didn't even miss out on it this year. God is aware of me and that is how I know it.
Everyone here feels like family and they go ALL OUT for thanksgiving. It was like I had thanksgiving at grandmas but 5X. It was the best.
We also had Interviews this week with President Collins and I talked with him about pride and what it means to have humble confidence. Go read Alma 26:12, 35-37 (my all time favorite scriptures.) Pride is boasting of yourself, and that is dangerous, but humble confidence, or the "Faith to Reap" is pride and faith in HIS power, not ours. And I literally am nothing, but you best believe I WILL BOAST OF MY GOD for all the rest of my days, because he works MANY MIGHTY MIRACLES. I just hope and pray to be a worthy instrument. "Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving. And I will give thanks unto my God forever."
I hope you all signed up for and are participating in #LIGHTTHEWORLD every day. I need you all to pray that I get to stay here for another transfer... I want to be here for Christmas and there is so much more work I could do here.
I love you all.
Sister Hardy





Comments
Post a Comment