Two dog bites in one week

This week was eventful. The MAIN EVENT happened when we knocked on an inactive's door and her medium sized dog came out and the girl says "hmm that's weird, he's being really nice to you... usually he barks and is mean. It was then that this devil dog looks me in the eyes and then bites my shin and TAKES A CHUNK OUT OF MY LEG. I screamed a little scream, (more like a yelp) and the lady gave a half hearted apology while I proceeded to tell her that it was totally alright that her dog ripped a hole in my ONLY PAIR OF 38 INCH DRESS PANTS and walked away with a piece of my leg. It's the little dogs that will get ya I'm telling ya. I used to like all dogs, but with every passing day of my mission I'm beginning to dislike them more and more. Any dog under 2 feet tall I am not a fan of. I want to kick them all. And THEN the next day I was on an exchange in Camp Verde and get a text from my companion sister Rossi saying that she got bit by a big stray dog and was going to the ER to get help. This dog had one eye and bit her on the SAME STREET that I got bit on! Hers was way worse than mine. Anyways, I ended up making it back before she had to go in and we went to Bishop Reber's house instead and he checked us out for free because he is a doctor and neither of us have rabies so that is the miracle of our week! We were able to go down to Phoenix to give the tours at the light the world event that they are putting on at the church across from the temple and that was so cool to be a part of. They had choirs from different Faiths coming to perform and we got to introduce them! They also had pictures of the Saviors life, restoration, and inside of the temple that we introduced and explained to everyone who came to come and see! So many people's hearts are opened this Christmas season and I am absolutely loving using that to tell anyone and everyone about the greatest gift I've ever been given, my Savior Jesus Christ. Jay Randall got the Priesthood yesterday. There is such a difference in him and in his home and in the way he acts at church and with his family. He has really taken daily repentance and covenant keeping to heart. Anthony Bunny also received the priesthood this week so that he can baptise his wife and kids on saturday! It's going to be good. We went to the Grand Canyon again today! BEAUTIFUL in December. That place doesn't even look real, God did good when He and Jesus created it. I hope you all are taking advantage and making the most of the daily light the world challenges! If you want to feel the spirit of Christmas and have more joy than you ever had at Christmas time, that is how. To look outward and do as Christ would've done if He were here. I've never been more excited for Christmas or felt more joy and light in my life. I want to hear how you are lighting the world!! Sister Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1