The Ongoing Miracle 🌟

I have never before felt so much of the Christmas spirit in a single month. I have no gifts under our 2 foot tree, no family around, and none of grandma's chocolates to devour. What I do have though is more precious to me than any gift I've ever been given, and the experiences I've had this last week are more special to me than all the traditions and any experience that I could have or would have had back home. I NEED TO BE HERE. I have felt as though I was standing in the place of my Savior more this week than ever before. I have a testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ that is stronger than I thought was even possible. Nobody could understand the depth of this weeks miracles, even if I tried to write them down. So I wanted to share a thought with you that has been strong in my mind. I have reflected over and over again on the term "on-going miracle" that my uncle George used in a letter to describe our Eternal Family. I am coming to realize that the great plan of happiness and reunion is an ongoing miracle. During a miracle lesson with Coach Mike Moran yesterday in temple President Palmer's (the ones who just this week lost their son) home, feelings of loss were very raw, but peace was prevalent. The question was asked, "why doesn't Jesus Christ just come down again and tell everyone at once that this is His church and that the Book of Mormon is true and that they need to be baptised? That would be a lot easier and a lot more convincing." And I have been thinking a lot about that. I think that one of the reasons that Christ reaches us and sends us to share his gospel to people one by one is because every time the gospel of Jesus Christ is shared, through testimony, or acts of service, or on a doorstep or in a home by a missionary, we ourselves are contributing to the ongoing miracle that is the restoration. And THAT IS WHAT STRENGTHENS AND CONVERTS ME. It is for us that He gives us opportunities to stand in His place and give us opportunities to minister one by one like He did. Certainly it is for the person on the receiving end, but more often than not I feel that those experiences are for us, to remind us that what we say we know is in fact true, and to help us feel the Joy of being an instrument, HIS instrument in this HIS great work. "And after the many testimonies which have been given of Him, this is the testimony last of all, which we give of him. THAT HE LIVES! We testify that He will someday return to the earth, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together. He will rule as king of kings and rein as Lord of Lords, and every knee shall bend and every tongue shall speak in worship before Him. He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world. His way is the way that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come. God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son." MERRY CHRISTMAS! "Mas" in Spanish just means more. So I wish you MORE CHRIST. He is not only the reason for the season, but the center of all we should say and do. Please everyone, find a way to contribute to the miracle. It will bless your life over anything. -Sister Ava Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1