Happiest Hardest Week

Well friends, it's been quite the week. I have come to realize that with the highest of highs and most joyful moments of missionary work come the hardest moments of trial and distress. The whole community of Flagstaff has been in a refiners fire for the last month as there have been deaths of a few very special important people in the community and in the church. Our stake president lost both his wife and nephew and just yesterday two of our bishops lost their brother who was also the temple president's son. They are all related. The Palmer family (who I love more than anyone I've met since being gone and who has done so much for me) needs prayers. Flag is a lot like home where everybody is family, whether they are blood related or not, and it has been cool to see the whole community come together and we've been able to touch a lot of hearts through it all. I never thought that I would be attending funerals as a missionary, or that those would turn into opportunities to teach people more about that amazing plan of REUNION that God has for us all, but that has been a regular occurrence lately. I'm just so grateful for the promises we made when we are baptized to "mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that stand in need of comfort." More often than not Angel's are sent by God in the form of other people. My heart hearts for these families that I love so much, but we are so blessed to know what we know. Families sure are forever. On a happier note, the BUNNY FAM GOT BAPTISED! I can't even tell you the spirit that was there as brother Bunny baptized his wife Cassie and 4 kids, Makaylee, Malakai, Malik, and MayaCah. Watching others make those promises and come unto Christ is the most sacred special thing. And we are being blessed here to witness a lot of it. This area has become the busiest area in the mission and set some pretty awesome records this week. It is because of our amazing members. It is such a choice land and I know that Heavenly Father cares very deeply for His children here. And He is really letting us know where they all are who are ready. I haven't knocked on a door (unless I was sent there by a member) in 3 months. This is what president Nelson talks about when He says that the members are KEY to gathering Israel. I am so humbled and grateful to be a part of the miracles that God is working here. It is HIS WORK! And I used to think that I was here working FOR Him... but I realized this week that I am working WITH HIM. He is very literally right by our side through every minute of every day. We just have to choose to let Him guide us by His spirit. We also had Remembering Christmas at the mission home where we watched the Polar Express! That movie is all about missionary work and the gospel and I never even noticed it. The magic that we all feel this season is the Light and pure love of Christ. I hope you are all feeling it as much as I am. Thank you to everyone who sent gifts and letters! I am LOVING reading your testimonies and sure feel the love. Please go find some others who need it even more than I do because I promise you there are so many out there who need comfort and to have someone to mourn with them this season. This is the time to pay it forward! I love you all. Also transfer news came and BY THE BIGGEST MIRACLE OF ALL I GET TO STAY AGAIN. I am sad because sister Rossi is leaving me, but excited for change and just really hoping that my new STL comp likes to work. Sister Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1