A Palmer Christmas + Temple Trip

For reals. Best week of my mission this far. We spend Christmas morning with my favorite family THE PALMERS (Julie and Daniel) and then later we got together with the church with all the Palmers (the whole extended fam) and played the most intensely competitive basketball and volleyball I've ever played in my life. Good wholesome competitive fun. My comp sat out because she thought the competition was against our missionary rules... but I was having the time of my life! She's a champ. Then we went to Bishop Rikki Palmers house for dinner and games. I highly recommend Palmer house hopping on Christmas day. I forgot to tell you about my companion. Her name is sister Christensen and she is from California and she is awesome. We get along great and laugh a lot. She loves to work which I am so so grateful for. Shes been out for a few months more than me and knows how not only invite people to come unto christ but HELP them do it. The highlight of my whole mission though came on Saturday when we brought Jay Randall and Fernando Hernandez to the temple for the first time. They were both able to baptize their wives and it was such a special experience for all of us. Being able to watch the people I feel I was sent here for, get baptised, and then go do baptisms for their family in the temple was so so special for me. Heaven was smiling down and I've never felt it closer. Being able to hear the two of them say with conviction, "Having been commissioned of Jesus Christ" and exercise that priesthood power was something I will never forget. Baptism is simply a step. Getting to the temple to do work for your family and be sealed together forever is the GOAL. And the Priesthood power is so real. It is literally God's power given to us to act in His name, work miracles, and stand exactly in the place of our Savior. It was given to the Apostles from Jesus Christ himself, and then to Joseph Smith by those Apostles, and has been on Earth and in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints ever since. So when you go to the temple, partake of the sacrament, or ask someone for a priesthood blessing, you are receiving very literally power from Jesus Christ himself into your life. That is what makes us different from every other church in the world. Nowhere else is that power found, felt, or given. Thank you to all those who sent Christmas love! I feel like the luckiest missionary out here to have such good family and friends supporting and cheering me on. Also Sister Watson took us on a real sleigh ride out in Doney this week. I love Flagstaff and this time of year. Stay warm! -Sister Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1