HAPPY HALFTIME

My mom sent me a letter this week titled HAPPY HALFTIME. I've been a missionary for 9 months. She talked about how halftime in a game is a time to catch your breath, refocus, tweak your game plan, and take a drink and tighten your shoes to go out and give your all the second half. This week was the greatest halftime and exactly what I needed. - We had a 2 day LTM meeting, which meant we got to stay overnight in the valley. It consisted of lots of good inspiration and instruction, and just as much fun. We hiked, the Elders had a giant game of dunk ball, and President let us all watch the other side of Heaven 2! SO GOOD. It felt super weird to sit and watch a movie... I felt guilty and honestly wanted to go knock on some doors, but it was a good time. ANDREW WAS BAPTISED! Love that kid. After he was baptised he came into the room smiling which is huge for him! Teaching him has been a blast. The whole mission got to go to the Phoenix Temple for Halloween! Here is the story of the week. I was sitting in the Celestial room and like we all often do, I was praying to know if God really was as aware of me as I know He is of everyone else and wanting to know if I was still in fact where he needed me to be doing what He needed me to be doing. In my head I said "Heavenly Father, I'm not asking for an angel, but please just send me something to help me know." Not even 5 seconds after I opened my eyes in walks Kathy Schow, my grade 5 English teacher from back home. 22 hours away!! And there she was. She said my name and I burst into tears because after not hearing your name for 9 months it was really cool to have someone who knew me and to connect with home a little. And then Elder Demers walked in (also from home and that English class) and we had a really tender reunion as we talked about Cardston and our families and friends. GOD IS SO AWARE OF EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US and He sends us Angels in human form all the time. We just need to recognize them. All of us Flagstaff missionaries got to road trip out of the mission to go to the Snowflake Temple this morning! MY HEART IS SO FULL and if I could spend the rest of my life in one place it would be in the Snowflake Arizona Temple. I am so thankful for the chance I've had to be a missionary for the last 9 months and to continue to give my all to doing God's work for this second half! Time is flying. And I don't want to miss a minute of all the amazing experiences that a mission offers. Arizona has my whole heart and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else doing anything else right now. The people I've met and miracles I've seen have changed my life and I can't wait for what the next 9 months have in store! Also funny story to end it off, in the middle of the week some of our members and us found a super sketchy briefcase in the back of the church and nobody wanted to touch it. Long story short they ended up calling the cops and bomb squad came and opened up the toolbox that somebody left. It was awesome. Pics: pics: -Andrews baptism The Tuckers, the new senior couple in our mission. They know a lot of people and have family back home. We get along real good. - our neighbors chicken - morning hike - sister Evans and sister Fish. My best friends. Getting to see them gives me LIFE. (We keep waiting for the day we will be companions... it's going to happen.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1