Gang Leaders and Humble Hearts

(From last week but didn't send.) Another week for the books. The McHoods got baptised on Saturday! We can't take any credit for it, because the Sisters in Fortworth Texas taught them everything! They just moved here a week ago all changed and ready to go! The Dad Scott, a returning member, baptized his wife and two sons. It was BEAUTIFUL. We had two exchanges this week, one I was in Camp Verde and the other I spent a day in Sedona! Northern Arizona is the coolest ever. While in Camp Verde we got a call from a random number and it was a guy saying that he had hit rock bottom and wanted to change his life around. He said the only time time he ever felt true peace and happiness was in one of our churches when he was in 3rd grade and he has always remembered it so he tracked the missionaries in the area down. We met him at a park that same day and this big rough looking guy who was covered in tattoos just cried as we told him about the Atonement and how he can be forgiven and taught him about the Plan of Salvation and the mercy that we can receive both in and after this life. Turns out he is the ex leader of the skinheads gang and until that day he thought he was going straight to Hell and there was no hope for him because of the things he's done. I'm so jealous that they get to teach him. He's a super great guy. Just a testimony to me of how you really can never ever judge a person by what is on the outside. Also after the day spent in Sedona you almost believe in voodoo magic and hippie powers. I've decided that Sedona people are my favorite people. Stay Rad. Wear Crocs. And Buy Crystals. It's the life. Also I included the picture of the famous Mcdonalds with the teal arches. Only one in the world. They couldn't distract from the beautiful red rocks that that whole place is made of! Our WHY I BELIEVE missionary musical devotional last night went amazing, and the spirit that was there was indescribable. It was something you just had to be there for. And almost 600 people, members and non members alike FELT IT. I find so much happiness in this work and my savior Jesus Christ is the WHY behind everything I do. And "He who has a WHY can endure any HOW." And I can't stop enough people on the street to tell them about Him! Why do you believe? Share it with someone this week! I would love to hear each and every one of your WHYs. I love you! -Sister Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1