Exponential Submission
Hello family and friends! I have a goal to make this the shortest email I have ever sent.
Everything is progressing super well here! Our ward members have caught the fire of doing missionary work and every week we start teaching more of their friends. This is the promised land.
I want to introduce you all to Jay Randall. The husband of Krista. They have 4 boys all under the age of 12. They are your classic country cowboy family. Krista grew up a member of the church and Jay has been taking missionary lessons for 2 years straight. He comes to church every Sunday (that he isn't hunting) and bishop even had him speak a while ago! He told us a few months ago that "I felt the spirit very strong while in the sacred grove, I know the book of Mormon is true and I feel the spirit when I read it, and I know the church is true... but I haven't got my answer." FRIEND THAT IS YOUR ANSWER AND YOU KNOW IT. (Super frustrating, one of those people who waits for an angel to come and slap them in the face to wake them up.) He has never been so close to baptism! His son turns 8 in december, and Jay feels an urgency to be able to baptise his son. He is SO CLOSE to committing to be baptised, he just also is the most stubborn person I've ever met who loves his agency more than I love my sugar. Speaking of, WE WENT OFF SUGAR FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH OF NOVEMBER. Jay likes to keep the word of wisdom 99.9 percent of the time, so last week he sent us off with all the rest of his tobacco so he wouldn't have even the temptation. And we promised him that we would give up sugar (something we really loved) to go through it with him. I HAVE SO MUCH SYMPATHY FOR ANYONE GIVING UP AN ADDICTION... THIS IS SO HARD. (the ward members know I am dying because literally dessert is my favorite, and anyone who knows me knows that.) But Jay is going to be baptised before the end of the year and if I'm going to sit in his living room and ask him to keep his commitments I have to be able to keep mine.
We got to celebrate die de Los muertos (day of the dead) which was cool! I love spanish families so much.
Things are going really well with Coach Moran! We officially started teaching him and he loves the lessons and everything we believe. We are excited to start working at the high school and with his team and the principal next week. God has just opened up so many doors in a very natural and normal way for me to use the gifts He gave me to further his work. And Mike Moran is literally famous in Flagstaff, so the ripple effect from this one is insane.
One of our AP's said that "the key to exponential growth is exponential submission." And it has been absolutely incredible to see this area grow exponentially as I've exponentially submitted myself to the Lord. It is HIS work not mine.
Yesterday we spoke in church about the joy we feel from serving. I wish you all could SEE how happy this work makes me.
The challenge this week is to pray about someone who you could naturally and normally Introduce the gospel to. And then do it. I want to hear how it goes.
Have a blessed week! (I can't write a short email to save my life. So sorry.)
Sister Hardy


Comments
Post a Comment