The one where I almost got kissed

Happy pday everyone! This weeks highlight reel: We started teaching someone named Troy who is a super cool African American man. Well he was super cool... we taught him a first lesson and then when we stood up to leave he was like "wowwwww you're tall" and I nodded like always and he asked if we could measure heights. So of course I line up beside him like I do with everyone who thinks they are taller than me and ALL OF A SUDDEN his unshaven cheek is right against mine and he turns his head and HE ALMOST KISSED ME IT WAS THE SCARIEST THING OF MY LIFE. Sister Doru just stood there laughing at me being of no assistance (she later told me that the spirit told her I would be fine) so I quickly said we had to go and got myself outta there! I kept saying that if he had done it I would've finally had a reason to punched someone... but then I thought "is that what Jesus would do?" I don't know what He would've done in that situation. We went back to teach him again and he wasn't home... I want him to receive the gospel but sometimes you just meet interesting people who aren't actually interested in the gospel. Being a sister missionary is great. CRAZY MIRACLE ALERT!! Fernando had his baptismal interview this week and he had to be I interviewed by President Collins. During the interview Fernando told President of a bishop back in Idaho who was the first person to introduce him to the church. President stoped him and said "wait... was his first name Andy?" Fernando said yes, and then President Collins said, "He was my companion on my mission!" HOW COOL! They were companions on their mission, he was the first to introduce him to the gospel, and now it came full circle as President was the one to give him his interview for baptism. They are still working together as companions in their different callings many many years down the road. No doubt God is in every single detail here people. I also let sister Doru cut my hair with some super sketchy plastic scissors that we found on our apartment like the ones you get in Elememtary school. My hair was getting way too long and dead and as a missionary you gotta do thinks to keep life exciting. She actually did a really good job! We had interviews with president, and I love President and Sister Collins. Every round of interviews strengthens my testimony that you are just as much called to your mission President as you are to your mission. I have such a good relationship with them and President really does have keys to help me with what I need and to learn from my experiences and become what my Heavenly Father wants me to be. God continues to rain down His miracles upon this thirsty land! Alma 26:22 Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing—unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance. I encourage all of you to find something in every one of your days this week to repent of and change and try it out. I have come to find so much JOY in kneeling in prayer with my Heavenly Father every night and doing a daily inventory of repentance. We can always be better and do better. I love my Savior and how He never ever leaves us alone. Love ya, Sister Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1