Stabbed, Baptized and Converted

Sorry for no email last week... last pday was kinda the worst day ever. We came home after a very long and busy pday (every missionary knows em) only to get a text saying that our recent convert Quintin got stabbed. It's a ghetto neighbourhood (half the people we are teaching live there so we are there all the time) and he got jumped by some guys right outside of his house. He is okay and it's been quite the recovery, but he has only let it strengthen his faith and desire to repent and live his best each day in order to be ready for when his time really comes. He is such an inspiration. Fernando got baptized! And so did cute little Jordan. Fernando and his family are the biggest reason I am here right now I know it. They have come so far and I cant wait for the day when this family is sealed together forever. We sang families can be together forever at the end and we all bawled our eyes out. I wish I had time to tell you this family's whole story. AMAZING. And to top it off, their miracle son Ivan smiled for the first time when I was taking a picture of Fernando holding him. So special and the veil is so thin with that boy. We all know we need to work hard to be able to return back to live with God again because he's already going to be there, and that motivates me. And at Jordan's baptism, her mom Audrae who is not a member said the closing prayer. She felt the spirit so strong and cried and she thanked God for Jordan's example to her. She is next! The spirit is so strong and evident when people take this step and make this first covenant with God. Afterwards we went out with the Linda vista ward for a chilli cook off in the Pine trees. All these farm families out here make some GOOD CHILLI. I have hated it my whole life but it has become my new favorite food. We volunteer at a lot of thrift stores for service and there is this old guy from England at one of them who invited us to his retirement party at the Lutheran church yesterday. He is so kind and we are going to miss him so all of us missionaries in Flag showed up. And it was awesome and everyone started asking us questions and pretty soon we were team teaching the restoration in the Lutheran church! We found a bunch of people who were interested and it was just great. TRANSFER NEWS came today! I get to STAY! I am so thankful and God hears our prayers and knows His people. I will be getting a new STL companion and get the chance to continue to work with my friends and strengthen and build up the kingdom here in the finest place I've ever been. If I stay much longer I might start to call it home. I am going to miss sister Doru though, we've had some really good times and seen many mighty miracles together. My family knows that these last two transfers have been really tough on me, and I can honestly say I am so grateful for the challenge that it has been. I have come to know my Savior in a way I never knew I could, have relied wholly on prayer and inspiration, and have realized the HEALING POWER OF THE BOOK OF MORMON. That book is real, and it has serious power to HEAL. If you read it and live by it's teachings your life will improve. Not because your circumstance will change, but your perspective and purpose will. I know that to he true because I've experienced it. I challenge you all to try it. My thoughts and prayers are also with Uncle George and the Toone Clan back home. You are so right, our family has been blessed to see and be part of the greatest ongoing miracle, an ETERNAL FAMILY. I am cheerfully grateful. I love the Lord, I love His gospel and I LOVE BEING A PART OF HIS WORK. Sister Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1