oFISHally THOROUGHLY BLESSED

This is going to be a quick one because we are hiking in Sedona today and I'm stoked about it. This week we had zone conference which is always my favorite. President Collins talked a lot about the natural man and the doctrine of the soul. How every good choice we make helps us overcome the natural man and prepares us for the blessings that God has in store of us. He talked a lot about how our missions are preparing us for life and his whole discussion turned into a discussion about marriage and choosing an eternal companion and all of us missionaries were just looking around at each other awkwardly and it was so funny. He said "the better you prepare yourself and give your all to the lord now, the better spouse God will bless you with." I gotta get working then, thanks President. He is hilarious. Then sister Collins talked about forgiveness and said something that really struck me. She said, "When we see and talk about people as they were or are, we can be holding them back from what they can become." I set a goal for myself to only see and talk about people as what they can become, because we are all trying to better ourselves so I don't want to ever hold someone back from that change that is possible for all of us through the Savior and His Atonement. I got BLESSED to go on an exchange with Sister Fish this week and she is my soul sista. We met at BYU when we both got called to the same place and then were besties in the MTC. We got separated in the field and haven't seen each other for 6 months, and I think this one day gave me enough life to last the rest of my mission. The whole day was straight happy and fun and it rained which made it that much better. God knows each of us and what we need so well, and he blessed us with so many tender mercies to show us that. We felt strongly that there were 2 people to be found and one that we could put on date. We worked so hard for it all day, but it didn't happen until sister Doru got back at 8:45pm and we hit one last house. We began teaching Audrea Begay and her daughter Jordan and Jordan said she wanted to be baptised. Sept. 21st is going to be the best day ever. We can't even believe what is happening here in East Flag. Straight miracles, that's what. Anyways, I encourage you all to write down a miracle that you see everyday this week. They are literally all around us we just have to CHOOSE TO SEE THEM. Ok this turned into a long one still. What's new. God loves you, I love you! Thanks always for the prayers and support. Sister Hardy (included: Pics from Miracles discussion)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1