The struggle is real and I LOVE IT

Ok Fam. I don't usually send the hard stuff home, because I only have so much time on Pdays and the good always outweighs the bad so there is only time to share the miracles and the good things! But this week was tough and it's been tough for a good while so I wanted you to know how I really am feeling so that you can know how much I truly appreciate your prayers and encouragement on my behalf! As you know I love sister Doru with my whole heart. But she is the hardest person to be companions with, and President told me that straight up from the beginning. She gets angry so fast all the time and there is always negative before positive when it comes to anything or anyone. She grew up getting what she wants always, so it is really hard for her to understand that this work is not about her and what she wants. I've learned what it means to sacrifice and "long-suffering" has become an attribute that I am learning to master. My days are spent in constant compromise and praying to my heavenly Father for strength and to know how to handle her. Part of it is a personality disorder that she has, so it's not all her fault. She also sees things, like spirits and scary things and it's very real, but I have never felt the protection and constant companionship of the holy ghost more in my life. I dont want you to be worried about me, because I have so many people here who love and are looking out for me! President and the Harris check in all the time and I'm truly grateful for the challenge, but it is definitely a challenge. I just want to be happy and obedient all the time and those are the two things she hates the most, so its tricky, but I'm doing my best! Mentally it's tough, but again I've never felt closer to my savior or had more love for this work that I am blessed to get to do every day. The hard thing is that president wants me to give her "Christlike Correction" but I dont know how to do that without conflict and I hate conflict and will do anything to avoid it. She is not the kindest, but every time I get down about something the words of a song or scripture or something someone has said about my Savior's love for me comes to my mind without fail. She really is amazing and the most hardworking person I've ever met, we just are very very different. I was a little discouraged when president said we would be together for another transfer as STLS, because it made it that much harder. But we work so good together because we have the same goal. And I consider her one of my very beat friends. And boy have I ever developed a tough skin. Our ward members comment on it all the time Haha. But really, it takes a lot to offend me now. I know all this is preparing me and giving me experience and helping me develop attributes to become more like my savior that will benefit me for the rest of my life. And I am going to make the most of it. But really, the positive scriptures and encouraging thoughts you send help so much! Because I dont get that anywhere else except missionary meetings, church, and the spirit when I teach. But the two things that have helped me the most this transfer are MY BOOK OF MORMON. This book heals. Whenever I'm frustrated I open it and read. I spend my time before bed reading as well as my study time. The second thing I do is when I start to feel pity for myself and what is hard in my life I wrote cards for the ward members and people here that are going through hard things. I am writing cards like crazy because whenever I do I completely lose myself as I focus on what encouraging words can say and scriptures I can give to someone else who I love who is going through a hard time. And looking outward like that heals me I hardly and I forget what is hard because I am just so thankful for the opportunity I have to serve the people here with this name tag on my chest. I'm so full of love for my calling and the people here in Flag. Also this quote I found in my come follow me studying last week and I loved it. Anyways I love you all and feel every pray you send my way. You all keep me going out here! LIVE FOR THE REUNION Sister Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1