The Good Fight
I just wanted to share with you all a little something I learned this week. I learned that we cannot afford to be casual or complacent with living the gospel of Jesus Christ. As a missionary this is huge because consecration to this work and to the purpose of Christ is not a one time thing. It requires a constant, careful, consistent, courageous, continual effort to align your will with God's will. But everything I am learning how to apply in missionary work is no different than what Jesus Christ has showed us how to apply in real life, just on a different scale. I'm so grateful that my sole purpose right now is to bring souls unto Christ and put in my little part to prepare the World for the second coming of our Savior. And I'm so grateful for who I am becoming in the process. Go on a mission kids, it changes lives.
I also just wanted to give a shout out to the Priesthood. I'm so grateful for that power and I know that it has been restored to the earth through living prophets to bless individual lives. IT BLESSES MY LIFE.
"If it is the will of God that I should spend my days in proclaiming this gospel and bearing testimony of these things I shall think myself highly privileged and honored. And when the spirit of God is upon me, I think it matters very little what I suffer, or what I sacrificed, so long as I keep the faith, fight the good fight, and Finnish my course with joy. I have all eternity before me in which to enjoy myself." -Parley P. Pratt
God is perfectly aware of each and every one of His children, and He will always provide exactly what they need right when they need it. None of us walk alone ever and sometimes all we need to do to receive His blessings for us is ASK.
Yesterday was testimony meeting at church, and my little friend Nevayah (she's 6 and is in Quintins family who ALL came to church yesterday) said to me "I want to share mine, will you come with me?" So we went up to bear our testimonies and she said "I love my family. I love Jesus. And I pray every night before I go to bed. And I love my family and Jesus... Amen." The spirit was so strong as this little girl bore what was in her heart and all I have to say is I love MY family. And I love Jesus. And prayers work!
I challenge you to read this talk if you want to, especially all my missionary friends! Not to be overdramatic, but IT CHANGED MY MISSION AND MY LIFE.
Sister Hardy
"Becoming a Consecrated Missionary - By Tad R. Callister
Comments
Post a Comment