Good things come in 3's

This is going to be a long one, but I have never had a week this full of miracles and success. Our 3 best friends got baptised on Friday!! Kenya, Keenan, and Kadasia were the 3 happiest kids you've ever seen, and us missionaries were triple the happy that we've ever been. My favorite moments of that day were when Keenan said, "I feel like one of those giant white fluffy marshmallows." And then because they got there so early Kenya brought in her basketball and they started playing a game in their white jumpsuits. These kids are always balling and for Kenya she is only 12 but it is her life. And she is GOOD. And so I stood there trying to decide if this was okay or not and after a couple of moments of debate and asking Heavenly Father about it, I absolutely joined in in my dress. It was awesome. The spirit at this baptism was so strong and their non member Father Anslem felt it! And then their mother said "wait, when we are all baptised, can we go to the temple to get sealed together?" YES. This family who has not been to church in years is back and better than ever with all the desires and efforts to progress on the covenant path. This is what this work is all about. This is why I do what I do everyday. These are the fruits the scriptures talk about. This is happy. After we baptised the kids we had nobody on date, and we know that God has really prepared the people that we are teaching and so we prayed to know who was ready next. We made a list and visited everyone. Greg Harper, a single father was outside working on his truck. We went up to him and asked him what he had been thinking about all the lessons and about baptism especially. He told us that he had been thinking a lot about it lately and that it was something he really wanted to do and he thinks would benefit him and his families life. So he chose Sept. 28th right there! We had just asked him a week ago and he had said no... but God was working while we were waiting and in only a week he was ready! You never know what miracles God is working behind the scenes, so be CRAZY BOLD and TRUST EVERY GOOD THOUGHT. That was Saturday night. Then we went home but felt like there was still someone ready that we were missing. Nelson came to both of our minds. We met him at the food bank while he was also volunteering and he asked us to come over and teach him. But we had only taught him one lesson for the first time a few days ago and it was too late and he was too far for us to go over to his house. But we prayed and the spirit told us to text him and ask. Normally texting someone to extend a baptismal invitation is not the best practice... be we followed through. And guess what he said? "Sisters I was just barely thinking and praying about everything and I felt like God was telling me I needed to get baptised. And then I got your text. Sept. 21st sounds great!" We were screaming and jumping up and down it was epic. And THEN we got a text from Fernando telling us to come over after church the next day because he had a surprise and some good news for us. No way. It can't be. With a prayer in my heart and my fingers literally crossed ALL NIGHT AND ALL DAY we waited until we saw him and his family at church and he still wouldn't tell us. Finally when we went over and sat down with them he said, "Sisters, I want to get baptised. I'm ready. And I want to do it while you both are still here." Sept. 21st it is! He and his family have made so much progress and they are one of the biggest reasons I feel like I needed to be here. He had kept saying that he will get baptised after God shows him "one more thing" or until he experienced "one more trial"... and last week I told him that if we keep waiting until we reach perfection to take steps towards Christ, we will miss all the chances we have in this life to actively progress towards it. He said he was thinking about that all week and that he finally felt ready and that it was the right time. I totally cried right then and there. WE CANT BELIEVE ALL THE MIRACLES THAT ARE FALLING INTO OUR AREA and I can't stop thanking God that he has given me the opportunity and privilege to be a part of them. Baptized X 3 On date X 3 HAPPY X 3 President asked me to give a discussion on Miracles at our Leadership Training Meeting and I gave it on what I believe are the 5 steps to guaranteed miracles. I have not had a single day on my mission without miracles, and it's not because of anything I do, but what I am willing to let the Lord do. 1. Have faith in and hope for the miracle. (Hope is a firm expectation or abiding trust that God fulfills his promises. @sisterjessicaashby s/o to you for teaching me that. You trained me well. We can almost demand miracles by the faith we produce.) 2. Pray specifically and mightily for the miracle. (God is more willing than we think to unfold his mysteries to us and assist us in our work, he just wants and needs us to ask for it.) 3. WORK for the miracle. Give your ALL all day every day. (D&C 123:17) 4. Choose to see it as a miracle. (If you will choose to see it as the miracle that it is, the spirit will confirm to you that it is indeed without a doubt a miracle. - President Collins. They happen all around us everyday. It is up to us if we see them or not.) 5. Give credit where credit is deserved. Which is ALL TO GOD. (Alma 26:12) You best believe I will be glorifying in my God who is the worker of many mighty miracles HERE in THIS LAND all the day long. My heart is FULL. Thank you for all your prayers and support and emails. Things changed this week for me, my companion, this area, and this mission. God is in every detail. And I FEEL IT. Sister Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1