THE GRAND FIRE
Well friends, Flagstaff is currently on fire. A fire started on Mt. Eldon on Sunday and its growing but they are fighting it! I really feel like I'm back home now as there is smoke filling the sky. Lots of people in our wards are on evacuation notice, but we love far enough out that it hasn't been a treat to us yet! We think they've got it under control now but more than ever we are praying for God to LET IT RAIN! That has become a theme in our mission, because it is a desert whenever we see a miracle we see it as God letting it rain living water on this thirsty land! (D&C 133:29) Now we are turning to the Lord to Let It Rain literally and spiritually.
We had zone conference this week which was SO GOOD. It is always so needed and I find so many things I need to improve on every time. One thing I learned is how important it is to be coachable, and in order to do that we need to work on the Christlike attribute of humility. I've really been working on that this transfer. When I am humble enough to Turn to the Lord and let the spirit coach me in all that I do, THAT IS WHEN THE MIRACLES RAIN DOWN AND I CHANGE IN THE PROCESS. It's the coolest thing and I feel like I'm just starting to figure out how willing God really is to give us answers and lead us if we ask and show that we are willing in return! I've still got a long ways to go though that's for sure! And I'm grateful to know that.
We went to the Grand Canyon today which was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. enjoy these pictures of beautiful Earth and my adventure hat.
A scripture that really stood out to me this week was D&C 130:20-21
"There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated—
And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated."
Anytime God asks us to do anything, it is only because it will keep us safe and happy. We don't always know which blessings are tied to which law, so that us why it is so important for us to obey with exactness every commandment, even if we don't fully understand why or think it is stupid. It shows both our Faith in and Love of God when we willingly obey without a perfect knowledge of why. TRUST HIM. I've seen both sides and I am happy when I obey. It is literally the secret to a joyful life. There, I just told you so it is no longer a secret.
I hope you all have a splendid week!
The people we are teaching are making such great progress so quickly! God is a God of miracles.
Sister Hardy





Comments
Post a Comment