Buną (hello in Romanian)
I LOVE FLAGSTAFF. My two favorite things about here are hands down the views and the Navajo people.
We had an awesome week! There is a lot of work here and the Elders that were here before us took good care of the area and left us some good notes which really helped us get started! I've never felt so strongly that I am where I'm supposed to be right when I am supposed to get there. Everything about a mission is inspired of God.
We found 9 new people to teach this week and and our new friend Quinton set a baptismal date for himself! It was actually a crazy miracle. And I have gained a testimony this week that when things fall through or plans change it is ALWAYS because God has something greater in store. We had one day this week when a lesson we were really looking forward to fell through, so we got in the truck a little disappointed and sister Doru said "I really want to put someone on date for baptism." And then very quickly and vividly the name of "Quintin" came to my mind. We had never met him before but we drove to his house and he happened to be home. We only had 10 minutes to spend there and the first thing he says to us is, "I've been exploring a lot of religions lately, and I think I want to be a part of your guys church. You guys showing up tonight is an answer for me because everywhere I turn God is pointing me in this direction." umm WHAT!? OKAY WHEN? AUGUST 10. WE CAN MAKE THAT HAPPEN. God is so good. And I'm so grateful that we both were humble and aware enough in that moment to follow the promptings of he Holy Ghost because He knew where we needed to be that night. It was the best.
We've done a couple hikes since being here and today we hiked some Lava tube caves which were suuuuper cool. I'm just so grateful to be here.
Also THANK YOU to patriarch Bridge and everyone else who taught me bits and pieces of Navajo back home, IT COMES SO MUCH IN HANDY HERE. I say "Yaateeh sikis" whenever I see someone who is Navajo and the people here love it. We are teaching so many of these awesome people and I love them so much. They sure have a special place in my heart.
Also some connections from home:
Elder Demers from good old Cardston is in my zone! So we have a blast. And Brother Watson (from 3rd ward) has a son who is in the bishopric of the Doney park ward here that I cover! Also I just found out that President and Sister Palmer, the Snowflake Temple President and Matron were throwing my last name around in the temple and they work with some Hardys and Fairbanks there that know my grandma and grandpa! They are from Raymond? We are going over there for dinner next week so I will let you know who they are when I meet them!
EVERYONE GO READ MOSIAH 4. It's way good and has tons of golden nuggets in it.
I hope you all have an absolutely splendid week!
Love,
Sister Hardy


Comments
Post a Comment