The Abundant Life
I love being a missionary. I love the temple. I know the church is true and that we have a living Prophet on the earth today. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that if we want to know for ourselves all we have to do is pray and ask. I know that God is REAL and that He answers prayers. Every single one of them. I know that He knows and loves all of His Children. I know that the spirit brings peace, joy, comfort, and truth. And I KNOW that Jesus Christ is my Savior, big brother, and very best friend.
Miracle of the week was GRANNY ANNIE! A few members had referred her to us, and on the 5th time trying her door she finally answered and we offered to serve her. We came the next morning and cleaned out and organized her closet. I'VE NEVER LOVED A HUMAN BEING MORE. She is an older lady with 2 forms of cancer, 4 types of arthritis, who has had both knees and shoulders replaced multiple times. But she is SO FULL of JOY and ENERGY and LAUGHTER. (If any of my college friends are reading this, she is literally Annie Ivins but 70 years old. Probably why I love her so much.) She asked us questions the whole time and we basically taught her all of the lessons in those 3 hours she was so eager and excited to learn. She is amazing. She loved that families can be together forever. She also is obsessed with pigs and her house is full of them. Not real ones... yet.
All of us, whether members of this church or not are looking for more happiness in our lives. I can promise you that if you want more happy in your life, you will find it in greater abundance here in the Gospel of Jesus Christ than anywhere or in anything else.
My challenge to you all this week is to limit your use of social media and do something that brings real happy. Scriptures, prayer, church, making memories with family or friends, and being outside in Gods creations are good ones.
I love you all, you make me happy. But Jesus makes me happiest.
- Sister Hardy


Comments
Post a Comment