Real Authentic Indian Food
Last week I didn't send my weekly out so this week you get two! Haha sorry about that. But this week was one for the books!
We took Aubrianna, our recent convert to the temple to do baptisms for the first time! It was so happy and she said that all of her anxiety was washed away. I love that going to the temple can do that for us any time we go. It was pure joy.
Guess what? While I was on exchanges sister Fairbanks found 2 new people both from Iraq! Their names are Suhad and Faez. They speak Arabic so just add that to the list. It doesn't even surprise me anymore. Just because you're called on an English mission doesn't mean that's all you'll teach.
Our Hindi family had us over for dinner last night and made us real authentic Indian food! They said, "we used only little spice because we didn't want you to cry." And I like spicy but HOLY INDIAN FOOD IS SPICY. They made us "globshjam". That's probably not how you spell it but that's what it sounded like! And then they taught us some Indian customs and traditions and we taught then how to pray! I made the mistake before hand of asking how they usually pray... Raj closed his eyes and crossed his legs and started a beautiful prayer in their language that lasted 20 minutes.... it was really cool and only slightly awkward. Next week they are teaching us how to dance Indian style.
I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO JUMP IN A POOL IT IS SO HOT HERE.
Anyways, Annie is doing great, we go over multiple times a week to help and teach her. Her heart is so open to the gospel, it is amazing to see this new light coming into her life.
Jason Russel and his family are my favorite. We are praying so hard that he goes through with his baptism date on July 13th! That would be the best day ever. I love them so much and this family wants together forever so badly!
We've been taking the youth out with us a lot lately and I love the fire that the youth here have for missionary work! They are way better than I ever was and it's been so fun to get to know them.
Also sister Fairbanks and I did a musical number in church yesterday! I played piano and she sang I am a Child of God. It was beautiful and brought the specialist spirit. I hope some of you get to meet my companion one day. She is going straight to the celestial kingdom. And STILL NOBODY CAME. getting people to church is the hardest thing in the world. Every Sunday I get my hopes way up and then I am just absolutely completely positively crushed when 9:00 hits and we have 3 rows saved completely empty. The whole ward laughs every time. I KNOW THEY WILL COME NEXT WEEK.
Transfers are next week, so my pday will be Tuesday not Monday. We don't know what is happening yet, except that one of us is leaving the area because sister Fairbanks is through with her training. We are sad about that but are going to make the absolute most of this last week together. I need to write a book about all the things that girl has taught me, seriously. She's the most amazing soul.
In my studies this week I found this scripture in Moroni 10:31 "And awake, and arise from the dust, O Jerusalem; yea, and put on thy beautiful garments, O daughter of Zion; and strengthen thy stakes and enlarge thy borders forever, that though mayest no more be confounded, that the covenants of the Eternal Father which he hath made unto the, O house of Israel may be fulfilled."
After I read this scripture and applied it to myself, I was just so thankful for the "stakes" that I have. Whether it's back home, or in Provo, and my heart is so full for the chance I have to enlarge my borders here in Arizona and forever! I love people and I'm so thankful for all the ones I've ever met and that I have in my life. You are all the greatest and this mission is the greatest because selflessly serving people is the best way to create lifelong connections. God knows who you need when you need them. I challenge you all to take time this week to thank the good people in your life! I'm so thankful for all of my friends and family and examples that I have in my life. You all got me here and keep me here! Thanks for the prayers.
Love,
Sister Hardy
6833 West Bell Rd
Glendale AZ
85308



Comments
Post a Comment