Hindi, Arabic, Mandarin - Bring it ON!
This was the greatest week of my life.
Highlights:
》 We knocked into Victor's door and didn't even get 5 words out before he told us to please come back! He's from China and has never even heard about God or Jesus Christ ever. EVER. We went back to teach him yesterday and it might be the hardest but most powerful thing I've ever done. Try to explain God to someone who has never even heard about him before. Plus he speaks Mandarin and only a little bit of English. He only came here to learn some work skills for a couple of months, and it is so sad to me that living over there he's never even heard of anything but science. We are literally teaching everyone who doesn't speak English. EVERY NATION KINDRED TONGUE AND PEOPLE will come to a knowledge of the Truth. Even if they have to move to Arizona to hear it. I was called to teach the gospel in English, but the gift of tongues and interpretation of tongues just keeps on getting realer. I might come home speaking 20 languages if this keeps up!
》 We had a Mission Tour with Elder Peiper of the 70! He talked a LOT about finding the ELECT and how the real reason we are all here is to fine THE ONE person that God is preparing to receive the gospel from us specifically. It was powerful and so so very cool. Also got to see Elder Demers again so we took a picture for home!
》Our friend Angel had a unicorn themed birthday party that we made an appearance at and it was straight fire. The first party I've ever been to with Alcohol was on my mission. It was awesome.
》 Timothy needed a blessing this week so we called some people from the Elders quorum and they pull up way late in white shirts and ties in the trailer parks on a little golf cart jeep. I wish I got a picture of it it was hilarious.
》 RAJ AND HIS FAM CAME TO CHURCH THIS WEEK! And at the very end of testimony meeting he leaned over to me and said "Can I go?" I was like of course! And he went up and bore his testimony in his limited English and everyone came up to him after and made him feel like a million bucks. It was awesome. The closing song was "I am a child of God" and Poonam was able to make out the words beside me and I've never felt the spirit so strong in a song and by the end the both of us had tears.THEY ARE HAVING EXPERIENCES WITH GOD AND IT IS SO COOL TO WATCH.
》Also I included a picture of my favorite friends, Reese and Taylor Ray! Reese is a youth that we bring out with us all the time. And Taylor is her friend that she invited to meet with the missionaries and she is so inspiring.
On that note, I have a ton of regrets, because there were so many friends and people that I could've so easily shared the gospel with back home. If any of you that are reading this were ever curious or have questions about what I am doing out here on my mission PLEASE ASK! Also to my friends out on missions you should email the missionaries that are out serving from the wards you cover and ask for referrals! Every missionary has got some! :)
Everyone!! I highly suggest that you go and listen to the talk from Elder Holland titled "The first and great commandment." IT CHANGED MY LIFE.
That is all. Sorry this was 10 years long, you're a real one if you made it this far! I Love you all and hope you smile this next week away.
Christ didn't quit in the Garden so I can't quit in the Vineyard!
- Sister Hardy
Comments
Post a Comment