Putting in the WOOK

Happy memorial day everyone! (God bless America) First of all I hope at least one person I went to high school with understood that title line. Shout out to the legendary Mr. Beazer! I miss math class. But we really are putting in the work out here! It's getting hotter and hotter every day and I'm enjoying the work more and more every single day as well. I LOVE HOW HARD IT IS. This week was sad because all of my friends (the people we are teaching) have the hardest lives! Timothy's son passed away this week, Kursta is moving, and Charles has to take care of personal stuff from the past so he'll be off the grid for a couple years.... those were our 3 people with baptism dates and I was so excited for all of them. It'll happen! The Lord's timing is better than mine I know. We had 8 people lined up to come to church and THEY ALL PROMISED THEY'D BE THERE and nobody came again! Satan is the worst. As soon as anybody even starts to desire to come into Christ he pounces on them! I just want to kick him and tell him to get thee hence! Every morning I wake up and hope he gets a little scared. On good news though we saw some miracles! God reconnected us with Ethan one of our boys from the long lost bike gang! They stopped meeting with us because their moms didn't want them meeting with random missionaries in the park. I don't blame them I wouldn't want my kids doing that either Haha. But it was sad because none of them ever told us where they actually lived. But one night as we were following the prompting of the scavenger hunt the spirit was sending us on (following the spirit is so fun it's literally like a scavenger hunt every day and I'm always trying to figure out why God sent me to a place and then where to go next.) We came to an intersection right as Ethan rode up on his bike! This kid is awesome and he told us his house was right across the street and to please come back when his parents were home so they could meet us. THANK YOU HEAVENLY FATHER. Chris had surgery this week so we made him a balloon bouquet. Tim and Maria and progressing really well and they are coming out to church activities and everything! Ashleigh is one of my favorite people we are teaching and we went to knock on her trailer door to wake her up to come to church but she went to 'sling a sink' (steal) from the ghetto so she wasn't there... I think we need to go over the 10 commandments with her again. Stanley is still Stanley. And we were finally able to get through to our Hindi family that we believe there is one true God and that we have the fullness truth in the restored gospel of Jesus Christ! I can't even explain to you how cool it is to have the spirit literally speak through a language barrier. It's so frustrating sometimes but I'm always humbled by the fact that nothing I do here is me! The second I try and rely on my own strength for anything I fail every time. I was reading in 2 Nephi 15 and towards the end of the chapter when it is talking about all the wickedness and weaknesses of the people it says "but His hand is stretched out still." It is so important to know that there is nothing we can do that will cause him to remove his hand. It is ALWAYS stretched out still. I love you all and your Heavenly Father loves you wayyyyy more. I challenge you all to ask him. Ask Him how he really feels about you. And then listen. I promise He'll tell ya! - Sister Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1