Hindi, Arabic, what's next?

Okay friends!!!! Quick lil update for ya. The miracle with the hindi family continued.... a couple weeks ago I picked up Arabic pamphlets from the mission home because I wasn't sure what language they spoke and when I found out it was hindi I just left these Arabic pamphlets chilling in my bag for only God knew what reason. This week we went to do some service for Kursta, someone we are teaching, and she wasn't home. We had spent a lot of time getting there and I was a little frustrated at the waste of time. Sister Fairbanks was more in tune with the spirit at that point than I was and knew that there had to be some reason that we were there.... she saw this house and felt like we needed to knock it. But we were bother super sweaty and gross and in our service clothes so we decided to come back when we were more presentable. We didn't even make it to the first light when we both looked at each other and were like yep, we are turning around and kocking that door. The spirit was yelling at the both of us to get back there and follow the prompting. We knocked and sure enough a family opens the door. The little boy asks us what we are doing and we tell him that we are missionaries and offer to help them. He translates to his mom who doesn't speak any english. Assuming they speak Spanish and that we can refer them, we ask them what language they speak. The little girl then says "mommy speaks Arabic." My jaw dropped and I wanted to cry right there as I remembered the Arabic pamphlets and felt them against my leg. I pulled them out and testified and gave them to the mother. We are going back in a couple days bit it was so cool to see how GOD IS WORKING IN EVERY LITTLE DETAIL HERE!!!! I love it. I got to go on exchanges this week up in surprise which was awesome!! They aren't teaching many people up there so we had like hours to just go and FIND. finding is my literal favorite part of missionary work. We saw this couple on their bikes leave their garage and I felt prompted to go and talk to them. But I put it off because it wasn't my area and I felt so bad after for like the whole night because I KNEW I was supposed to talk to them. I prayed that I would get another opportunity to talk with them. 3 hours later we circled around the same block on our way home and it is dark and we see them putting their bikes away in their garage. Long story short we talked with then for an hour and I definitely needed to be there to talk to them and God answers prayers and they need the gospel in their lives so bad!!!! I really hope they continue to want to meet with the missionaries. Other cool things were I sat on a cactus and we made plan of salvation pancakes! Haha life is good. CONGRATS ON ALL THE MISSION CALLS BACK HOME!! You all are going to kill it. I love y'all! Sister Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1