The Actual Gift of Tongues

Boy do I have a miracle to share with all of you. Thee craziest thing happened this week. Back on like week 2 in the field I had this feeling that we needed to knock the doors on 69th and Karen Lee lane, but we didn't get the chance or make the time until last week, and that is where we found the family from India that I wrote about last week! Raj, Raji, Boonam, and Mahi. As we were preparing to go back and teach them yesterday, I went to restock my bag with book of Mormons. In amongst all our English and Spanish Book of Mormons I FIND A RANDOM HINDI BOOK OF MORMON. So just for fun, and because there are no such thing as coincidences, I took it, and compared it with my English book of Mormon and found all the best verses and highlighted it up for them! If you were to ask me how to write "Alma" in Hindi I could tell ya! I've also got all their numbers down! It was fun. Anyways I take it with us to our lesson with them and as we are talking I ask them what language they speak. They tell us that there are OVER 123 LANGUAGES IN INDIA AND THEY SPEAK HINDI. I then pull out of my bag the book of Mormon in their native language and they were so happy. I told them the story and none of us have any doubt that we were sent to them. The language barrier is so tough, but the spirit takes over and there were a few times when one of them would read the book of Mormon and then explain and while they were speaking their language I COULD UNDERSTAND THEM. We had no problem discerning their questions and somehow they understood us. Between the book of mormon, their little English, and my notebook and pen so that they could draw what they were meaning, that lesson was FULL of the spirit. They are excited to have us back this Sunday and are going to be making us real Indian food! I love them and they are so awesome and prepared. We had zone conference this week where President and Sister Collins talked about miracles and how we should EXPECT MIRACLES. The definition of a miracle: A beneficial event, brought about by divine power that mortals cannot understand. I am so thankful to be serving the Lord and strive in each moment to be someone who He is able to work miracles through. And to be a part of the little miracles that make up a person's journey here on this earth! And to be IN THE MIDDLE OF A MIRACLE every moment of every day. I challenge each of you to pray to notice the hand of God more fully in your life, and to acknowledge the daily miracles for what there are.. truly miracles. If I had more time I would write you all a novel because this week was incredible. Thanks for all the love and prayers! I sure feel them. - Sister Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1