How Firm a Foundation
This week was a new record for the hottest day I've ever been alive in. And it's only the beginning.... I am in for some HEAT coming up real quick. Some highlights of the week were:
- building a shed for our friend Scotty. He had his terrible foundation that he built for it and we had to basically tell him that his foundation was awful and wouldn't hold anything and tear it down before we could start building again upon a SURE foundation. It took 5 hours in the blazing sun to build a foundation sturdy enough and according to the instructions. But it was so much fun! And not only did he need a solid foundation for his shed, he has no foundation for what he believes, and service softens people's hearts so we are hoping to teach him more about how to build upon the rock of our Redeemer. That is so important in this world that we live in today.
- We had a recent concert temple trip where all the missionaries in our mission bring those that are newly baptized to the temple for the first time! President Collins (my mission president) baptizes all the missionaries and his converts and it is the coolest thing ever. Miracles happened and we were able to bring Chris and Marilyn (two recent converts who have been really struggling with trials and testimonies and weaknesses) and be baptized for Marilyn's grandma and Chris aunt giving them the chance to accept the gospel even though they have passed from this life already! You guys temples are the coolest thing ever and Gods plan is incredible. that is what this work is really all about. I encourage you all to do what it takes to GET TO THE TEMPLE. The blessings we can receive there are ENDLESS. Literally.
We had a fireside called "WHY I BELIEVE" where the temple president and his wife talked about why they believe and it really got me thinking on why I believe. I not only believe, but know that this is the Church of Jesus Christ. I believe because of the witness from the spirit that I receive when I read the book of Mormon. I believe because of the power I feel when I listen to our prophet Russel M. Nelson speak the words from God. I believe because of all the tender mercies and little MIRACLES that I see everywhere all day every day. From a beautiful sunrise, to those times when everything just seems to fall right into place, God's hand is in every detail of our lives! And I believe because of the strength I receive and love I feel from my Savior and YOUR Savior. This is where the REAL HAPPY is at.
I'm so excited because it is general conference this week! I challenge you all to come prepared with questions and ready to receive that message that our Heavenly Father has especially for YOU. He surely speaks through the voice of His servants.
- Sister Hardy
1. Shed building crew
2. Hardy gloves!
3. Chris at the temple! (I can't even explain how much of a miracle it was that he was there. He is one of the most incredible humans I've ever met.)
4. Out with Reece finding one of the youth in the ward!
Also pday next week is Tuesday not Monday because of Transfers!!




Comments
Post a Comment