Bike Boys pt. 2

I'm alive! I haven't gotten me or my new comp killed yet so I think we're doing alright over here both as rookies! My new companions name is Sister Fairbanks! (Yes we are probably cousins. Grandma I'm going to need your help to figure out how! I've told her about Harold and Madge and we are trying to find the connection.) She is seriously so awesome! She has muscular dystrophy which means basically that lots of her body muscles don't work! Especially the ones in her face, so she can't smile... but you guys I have never meet a happier, friendlier, more positive person in my life! She doesn't even need to be able to smile for you to FEEL her happy! She's amazing. And the fact that she here serving a mission is a miracle in itself. She's incredible and able to touch people in a way that nobody else could and I love her with my whole heart. She's the sweetest. She has already taught me to just be so grateful for every day that Heavenly Father gives us and for the chance we have to BE ALIVE and serve him to the best of our personal ability. Serving with your heart, might, mind, and strength has taken on a whole new meaning for me. He takes us as we are and makes us mighty! Every time she prays she says, "Bless that we can make this the best day ever." And I can honestly say that is what we do. Every day is the BEST DAY EVER! I am so blessed to have her as a companion. Miracle of the week happened when we went to meet with our bike friend Zach (yes the one from the racing accident). We were sitting at the park waiting for him and all of a sudden these two boys both 12 years old ride past on their bikes! One of them recognizes me from a past meeting at the park and long story short we told them we were waiting for someone to teach them about what we believed and they were all for it! They sat in on the lesson and these boys are SO PREPARED. Both of their names are Ethan and our bike boys crew jusy got 2 new members! Friday afternoons at the park are legit. The one called us the next day and said "When is the soonest you can get here? I want to learn more!" I've decided they are all my best friends. (Right after Dane of course.) Another cool experience was when one of our recent concerts Marilyn took us over to share a message and pray with her friend Lisa who is dying of brain cancer... it was a very tender special moment to share parts of the plan of salvation with someone who was full of fear and had no idea what was going to happen to her after this life. With Easter coming up I challenge you all to watch the video "Because of him." This video is so powerful and we use it all the time when we first meet people and when we showed it to Lisa I could couldn't help the tears from filling my eyes as I read out loud the words on the screen testifying of what is possible because of Him. Also WE GOT A CAR! Blessings on blessings on blessings, though I do alreasy miss the bike life. Poor Evelyn gets a break for a little while. I love you all and I love every day that I get to serve the Lord! - Sister Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1