The Time I got the Cops called on us
Hello all!! This week has been the most email worthy week of my mission, but I have very little time so here the best parts!
On Tuesday I was on exchanges with Sister Parke the STL and so I was in charge of the area, and we came to this house that long story short we were POSITIVE that the spirit lead us there and that whoever opened the door would just be dying to hear the message of the gospel. So we knocked once... no answer. We knocked again, still no answer. We rang the doorbell. Nothing. So we banged on the door really loud because with everything that had happened were SURE that this was the miracle door of the week! Then out of nowhere it starts pouring rain like a blanket of rain coming from the sky. So we decide to stand on the porch and wait it out under the shelter of the roof of this house. While we are standing there a lady cop comes around the corner and asks what we are doing. I dont know why I did this but my first resort was to put my hands up in the air. I told her that we were missionaries and that we were waiting for the rain and she says in her walki talki "code 4 you are safe to come out." At the same time as the lady inside opens the door 3 giant men cops come around the corner, one of them gripping his bullet proof vest, one with his hand on his gun, and the other with this look on his face like really?... you called the cops on the missionaries? Yes that is what happened. We felt soooooo bad and so did the lady at the door. She thought she heard rustling and "men's voices" and we did knock on her door like a billion times hahaha. We laughed after and now we are friends but then we left and went home in the rain. 4 COP CARS FOLLOWED US OUT IT WAS CRAZY. Sister Ashby left me alone for one day and I got the cops called on us. Good one sister Hardy.
The miracle of the week was my girl Angela! About a week ago I was riding by as she was cutting her trees. I asked if she needed any help with anything and she said no. I then told her that we were there to share a message about Jesus Christ and she was NOT interested. She basically told us to go away, but then said she wanted a book of Mormon. The only one I had on me was my personal marked up book of mormon, that was highlighted like crazy with notes in all the margins. I only slightly reluctantly took it out of my bag and gave it to her. That thing was my pride and joy and so I prayed super hard that the words in that particular book of mormon would touch her heart like they have mine all my life. This week also while I was on exchanges I went back to follow up with her on the book. When I knocked on her door she answered with book of Mormon in hand and this lady was a whole new person! She was so happy to see us and told us that she went to DI and got a book of her own so she gave mine back! She told us she really wanted to meet with us to talk more and get this... she had read half the book of Mormon! In one week! That book softens hearts and there is real power in it! It's the truest book on earth.
We had zone conference this week which was so awesome! I was able to be part of a really cool musical number! It's on facebook somewhere if you want to hear it! President and Sister Collins talked to us and we had a lot of fun with all the other missionaries. I love this mission with my whole heart!
My favorite take always were:
"Do your best, accept your best, leave the Lord the rest."
"In the long run, consistency is more important than intensity."
I love you all! My challenge this week is to READ YOUR SCRIPTURES EVERY DAY. like for reals. No excuses. Just do it. You will be blessed.
- Sister Hardy




Comments
Post a Comment