Humble Confidence

Hello family and friends! It's been a really good week here in the Arizona Valley. I got a bike of my own this week and her name is Evelyn. She was the most beautiful bike in the shop and was just calling my name. Sadly the day after I got here (and since everything that grows here is trying to kill you literally) she popped and when straight flat. I was on exchanges and we were an hour away from home so it was real fun to walk back in the heat. Sister moulin (the sister I was with) was asking everyone we saw if they had a bike pump, and then I would ask them if they wanted to hear a message about Jesus Christ. I got a lil crispy burnt and it was an adventure. Other email worthy things that happened this week: - Met a guy while doing service who eats his weeds. He showed us all these weeds that were edible and how he eats them and I'm pretty sure none of them were edible and I dont know how he's alive but he is and he thriving off of his weeds. - somebody cooked us whole garlics for dinner. Like the entire garlic just cooked and put onto our plates. It was surprisingly good and my breath was awesome after that. - theres this ice cream truck that passes us every day while we're up in the trailer parks and one day I decided that maybe he needed the gospel. So because I've always wanted to buy an ice cream from a real ice cream truck I waved him down and bought a choco taco. I then tried to share a little about the restoration with him and he took our money but not our card. Sad day. But he was cool and we got a picture with him. And then he just rode off into the sunset. - I also tried to talk to this lady in the dog park (really I mostly wanted to pet her dogs) and she was not happy to see us. When I told her that we were missionaries she said every nasty word known to man and told us that if we didnt get outta there she'd let her dogs eat us. That was my best rejection yet I think. Every Sunday we invite like 20 people to church and they all day they're coming so we save an entire row for them and nobody shows up. I get so excited and then sister Ashby just laughs at how sad I get when our row stays empty. Satan sucks and will do anything to keep people from coming to church and feeling the spirit that is there. The title of this email is HUMBLE CONFIDENCE because that is something I've learned a lot about this first little while as a missionary. I encourage you all to read this week in Alma 26. This chapter tells about Ammon, the greatest missionary of all time and it really shows the humble confidence that is required as a servant of the Lord. Verses 12 and 36 are my fav. My confidence comes from humbling myself enough to realize that I cannot do this work alone. Only through my Savior is it possible. HE is my light and ALL of my strength. Keep smiling everyone! Love, Sister Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1