Family this ones for you!

Okay so here's an email where hopefully I don't forget anything!! The biggest miracle of my week is in the weekly email, so go read that one there! It was the coolest thing ever. I ate swordfish this week and it was soooooo good! Sister Ashby brought her parents back to visit her mission, and we were doing service for our recent convert Chris and when she texted him to tell him she wanted to come back and visit he told her that we would all be there and she planned to come at the same time so she could see me!! When she walked in I just started crying. It was the best ever. I love and miss her so much. It was also super duper weird for me to see her again not as a missionary. It was like I was seeing a ghost Haha. The cabin looked like it was such a BLAST! I LOVED the pictures! The crawdads, kayaking, jumping in the lake, my heart! I wish I was there with you all but your smiles were enough for me to feel like I was! I MISS YOU CRAZIES! This week we got a call with a last minute service for a girl named Tracy and her family! Missionaries had served her grandma years back and she knew that if she ever was in dire need of help she could call them and they would help her. She has kindof hit rock bottom So she got ahold of our number and called us. We helped her and her family move and they are such an awesome family. I think I sent you a picture of them but I will again! Anyways the whole time she just kept thanking us and telling us how awesome we were, and then at one point, she says "ok don't think I'm weird, but there is a literal light coming off of all of you and it is freaking me out a little but and making me feel weird things." And then she points at me and says "this one here has especially got it am I the only one seeing this right now?" Hahaha it was so cool and definitely the best compliment I've ever received. She had us all stand in a circle after and hold hands and she said a pray where she said "God thank you for making yourself real to me today thought these Angel's you've sent to me as your servants." She now calls me her tall hardy angel and she said to us that she wants to spend more than just one day around us to.get to know our God. So we are so excited about that. Mya you had strep! That is no fun!! I was praying for you! And Dad shingles!?!?! What is happening to my family this week! Hahahaha Brooklyn and Dane you both sound like you are having the busiest lives with your spring sports! Keep killing it you both inspire me. AS IF CHURCH WAS CANCLED BECAUSE OF SNOW. everyone here can't even believe that. Mom I am so glad that sister Bosen sends you stuff all the time! She seriously is the best. Also I was able to give out a bunch of those live for the reunion quotes along with the really cute cards and touched alot of hearts here! There have been a few losses of family members and friends of people in the ward and I was able to touch alot of hearts with those so thank you. As for my ukelele, whenever you send it is great! No rush!! And a few music sheets (like come into christ and the classics) would be super cool as I can't access the internet for anything except missionary portal and churchofjesuschrist.org And mental health is a serious issue with misisonaries! I am do blessed and have not struggled with it yet out here. (I did have one day last transfer where I just cried for like an hour and didn't know why because I was just so overwhelmed and mentally exhausted and stressed out and it scared me but It was just a one time thing Haha I'm totally good now!) I am SO PROUD of you mom and brookie for going off social media! That is one of my favorite parts of being on a mission, the fact that I was able to just disconnect from everything!!!! In the MTC we calculated how many days of our lives we wasted on technology in the last year and this us so embarrassing... but I wasted 72 DAYS OF MY LIFE. On technology. That is horrible. Those are precious days I will not get back. I have done so much on my mission in less than 72 days.... imagine what I could've done in those days! Please learn from my bad example and know that there are so many better things we can do with this amazing life that heavenly father has given us! With people and in this wonderful world that we live in. Ok I'm sorry I'm done preaching. Social media is stupid and if you can figure that out before you come on a mission you will be miles ahead of me! Which would be awesome. Yes mom I do have grandmas cookbook! We finally had our first day where we didn't have a dinner so we were able to cook for ourselves! We made stir fry! Next time we are left to fend for ourselves I will have to use the cookbook. A few ward members here want to see it as theyve asked about he kind of food I got back home! Haha Sister Heisterman made us a peach cobbler pie this week that I sent you a picture of. It was super cute and reminded me of something that grandma would totally make. Everyone here loves the fact that I am Canadian and makes fun of me all the time for it! But there are other canadians here lots from Calgary and we know alot of the same people! So I am not alone Haha. Sister Fairbanks and I are doing really good! Its kindof hard because she does have some physical limitations.... but I'm getting really patient! Trying to work just as hard but be okay if we are not as fast as I want us to be. I carry almost all of the load as she doesn't have much confidence yet and is still afraid of talking to strangers.... which is basically all you do as a missionary. She has come a long way though and everyday we are working to overcome her fears! She is so awesome and I love here I think more than I've ever loved a person that isn't family. It's a lot of responsibility I feel when I feel like I have to do everything and so many times I think to myself "hmm.... this is what my mom felt like my whole entire life." I am so sorry for that mom Haha. Anyways I love you all!! I have to get going! I'm refreshed and ready for another miracle filled week! Take care and know how much I love miss and am praying for each of you and your individual circumstances and needs! Good luck in battle at the bridge Dane! Go get some dubs for me. - YOUR Sister Hardy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday February 6, 2019

February 12, 2019

THE DISTRICT - Episode 1